[Sysadmins] Debian/Ubuntu Packaging and DKMS

Andrew Barnes andrewbarnes at ramsesit.com
Thu Aug 13 19:12:41 IST 2009

Hi all,

Just wondering, has anyone out there ever created a Debian/Ubuntu
package that utilizes DKMS to build/install a kernel module?

I want to use DKMS as it means I don't have to keep manually building
kernel modules and redistributing them every time a new version of a
kernel comes out. It also covers custom kernels as well as other "user-
actions"
I want to use Debian Packages because... well... it makes sense and
is, imho, the right way to do it

Debian Packaging I *think* I've got down pat ;-)  It's trying to find
a relatively straight-forward guide to DKMS && packaging that I'd be
interested talking to someone about.

I continue to play around with this, but thought that someone out
there might have done this before and could save me some time/gotchas/
etc!

Regards,
   Andy

--
Andrew Barnes

Email: andrewbarnes at ramsesit.com | SIP:  3073 at blueface.ie
Home:  +353 1 4361777                       | Mobile: +353 86 3803633
Fax:      +353 1 4430496
Web: http://www.ramsesit.com
PGP Fingerprint: 2C8E E948 C62D 8C2C 48E3 0925 6ED3 78AA 5B17 6E26