[Sysadmins] why can't we all get along? (was Re: Eircom DNS)

Paul Jakma paul at jakma.org
Wed Jul 8 16:18:04 IST 2009

On Wed, 8 Jul 2009, Paul Jakma wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Jul 2009, Colm MacCárthaigh wrote:
>
>> Paul's been doing this for years :-) Thunderbird honours the
>>
>> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Help_Documentation:Mail-Followup-To_and_Mail-Reply-To
>>
>> Which Paul sets on his mails.
>
> The problem I have is that Mutt, in list-reply mode, simply ignores my
> Reply-To header. Also, I can not set a multi-valued MFT

Bah :).. As I was saying before I hit send...

I can not configure my MUA set a multi-valued MFT, it seems. So
therefore the choices are:

1. I don't set an MFT. Mutt users who list-reply don't copy me
    directly. I don't see their reply till much later.

2. I set an MFT to myself. Mutt users will reply to me, and hopefully
    they'll notice to add the list back, if appropriate. Perhaps they
    find some other workaround later.

So the way things are, it just has to suck for someone - sadly.

IMO:

  http://pjakma.wordpress.com/2009/07/08/mail-followup-to-considered-harmful/

anyway.. ;)

regards,