[Sysadmins] Eircom DNS

Paul Jakma paul at jakma.org
Fri Jul 10 17:23:19 IST 2009

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009, Declan Kelly wrote:

>> I.e. ISP-scale caching nameservers are just a really bad idea in
>> this day and age.
>
> IPv4 and unauthenticated SMTP submission are also really bad ideas in
> this day and age, but they aren't going to go away any time soon.

People can, unilaterally, install caching-only recursive nameservers
on their systems. Operating systems vendors/distributors can,
unilaterally, have their systems ship with same. It doesn't require
multilateral action to be useful.

Btw, you have an interesting definition of effective :)

regards,
--
Paul Jakma	paul at jakma.org	Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: