[Sysadmins] FTP considered harmful

David Malone dwmalone at maths.tcd.ie
Wed Jul 15 09:54:30 IST 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 10:13:41AM +0100, Colm MacC?rthaigh wrote:
> I simply don't buy the excuse that customers and clients won't allow
> for it. DAV over HTTPS,

I guess DAV had a bad reputation for a while, because of all the
DAV related exploits that were around a few years ago (while I doubt
these were all directly DAV's fault, the mud still seems to stick).

> and SCP are both very credible alternatives -
> with browser and other client support.

SCP certainly seems to be a good option these days, though I miss
having a built-in SCP based filesystem for the Mac.

	David.