[Sysadmins] Contact from Eircom

Harry Duncan usr.src.linux at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 14:47:00 GMT 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 1:53 PM, FRLinux <frlinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 1:27 PM, Harry Duncan <usr.src.linux at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The worst I had to wait in the city center was 6 months, and in that
>> case, I knew a neighbour was moving so I took over their lines and
>> moved the line myself rather than run the risk of the lines been
>> allocated to someone who was waiting longer than me for lines.
>
> What do you mean moved the line youself? As in tampered with an eircom
> termination box!?

No, much easier, cables ran overhead from a pole and were drilled
through a window frame where they were terminated all along the
corridoor, they were then ran into the apartments from there. I
dropped a rope out the windows across from my apartment, dropped the
eircom drop cable to ground level, and lifted it back up to my window
with the rope, and coupled it in.

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 2:18 PM, John P. Looney <valen at tuatha.org> wrote:

>  I think you are better off talking to Comreg.

Ever tried it? IMHO you'd be as well off talking to the wall. They'll
only give policy back to you in my experience and act on nothing.

Harry.