[Sysadmins] Firefox 3.5 won't launch for regular users on my winxp image

Jack O Regan jackoregan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 17:38:17 GMT 2009

Hello everyone,

In work we use www.fogproject.org with micrsoft's sysprep tool to
capture and deploy images of windows xp to desktop machines. I have
recently created an image and deployed it, but when my regular domain
users logon and double click the firefox icon on the desktop nothing
happens. I can see that firefox.exe appears in the task manager but it
never appears on the screen or gives me any error messages. If I logon
with an admin account it launches just fine. A former staff member
seemed to think it was a group policy issue. I was just wondering if
anyone else had encountered this problem ?

Regards,
Jack