[Sysadmins] DSL -v- Leased Lines

FRLinux frlinux at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 15:09:55 GMT 2009

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 1:05 PM, Harry Duncan <usr.src.linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've a customer with two sites, one in the city center (Dublin 1) and
> one in Dublin 9, and we have contention free broadband on ADSL2+ from
> Magnet Business in Dublin 9 and the city center site is on a BT
> unbundled line.

Hello,

We've been using leased lines for a couple of years but they're
provided by HEAnet so of course they're reliable :) Now back onto your
issue, I've heard of a few complaints from BT customers lately, no
idea what the problem is but I would start with the usual rewiring of
the place, just to rule that out. Number 2 would be to switch to
magnet in the center too so you have a customer with the same service
on both sides. Last, talk to them about lease lines, they might have
some ideas about that too.

Steph