[Sysadmins] DSL -v- Leased Lines

Harry Duncan usr.src.linux at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 21:20:38 GMT 2009

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 3:09 PM, FRLinux <frlinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> We've been using leased lines for a couple of years but they're
> provided by HEAnet so of course they're reliable :)

I suppose my main question is really down to what benefit do leased
lines provide over DSL lines in terms of the local loop reliability.
Are they always "just up" or have an "amazing" turnaround time on
repairs, or are they end to end and don't rely on equipment in the
exchanges other than line drivers to drive the signal on the circuits
and thus have much lower number of points of failure?

Harry.