[Sysadmins] suggestions for (moderately) large mail server setup

Daragh Mc Grath lists at daraghmcg.org
Wed Nov 18 00:56:59 GMT 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 8:39 AM, Nick Hilliard <nick at netability.ie> wrote:
> On 17/11/2009 18:13, Colin Whittaker wrote:
>> How about outsourcing it to something like google apps.
>
> This may be a good option.  Some people cite privacy concerns as a reason
> for going down this road.

I'm right in the middle of doing cost / feature comparisons of Google
Apps vs Exchange for a few organisations of varying size, and GA wins
it hands down every time.

With Premier Edition, Google will also guarantee that if your
organisation is outside of the US, then your data will not traverse or
be stored in a US based facility, working around the Patriot Act
(which is most people's concern).

Also, having handled a few migrations to GA over the past few months,
I can assure you that it's relatively trivial.

Also, as an aside, make sure you look at Postini for your message
archiving solution, regardless of whether you deploy GA or not.

--
daragh mc grath
(+61) 0450-298897