[Sysadmins] increase in zero day attacks.

FRLinux frlinux at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 10:13:24 IST 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 9:23 AM, Harry Duncan <usr.src.linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to stop dealing with compromised machines and proactively
> block this. Wondering if any of you are using or know of site blocker
> lists for squid which might be useful in keeping users away from these
> sites?

Squid has squidguard that you need to pay for if used in a commercial
environment. But you can then use some quite extensive rulesets for
it. Keep in mind it will hit on your proxy resources but well worth it
considering the problems you've been having. Makes me happy about the
fact that our Windows network represents only 5/7% of our computers.

Cheers,
Steph