[Sysadmins] increase in zero day attacks.

murf murf at syndicate7.net
Wed Oct 14 10:55:18 IST 2009

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009, Harry Duncan wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> My last week and a half seems to be spent dealing with zero day virus
> attacks on windows clients. 95% of these are "XP Antivirus 2009"
> spyware attacks which seem to have new builds deployed online on a
> very quick rotation to keep it well ahead of the AV companies update
> release schedule.

I was wondering if I was just unlucky this week! Seeing quite an increase
in virus activity here too. Any idea if banning IE would help? I
advise the use of firefox, but some people have preferences. (It's a
pretty tech savvy environment in here, and I don't like banning things
unless really needed).

Murf.