[Sysadmins] NTL(hell?) internet service

FRLinux frlinux at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 23:52:52 GMT 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 10:53 PM, Gareth Eason
<gareth.eason at signal2noise.ie> wrote:
>        You anywhere near Maynooth? I've ordered the 20M service but UPC have
> utterly failed to deliver it for the last 6 weeks+ ... they need to
> install another tap on the line since a conservatory has been built
> right under their previously installed one. This has completely stymied
> their installation attempts, despite the fact that installing a tap on
> what I presume is a co-ax cable is hardly what I'd refer to as rocket
> science - I'm open to correction, of course.

I live in Dublin 8, in the liberties, fairly central. Experienced
another night of high latency and contention, very disappointed.

>        Let me know if I should risk it or whether I should go elsewhere for
> internet service. When originally checking it appeared there is was no
> LLU available, but someone mentioned to me in the last week that this
> may no longer be the case. Suggestions welcome :)

If you have *any* chance to use a better provider, do it. My choice
would definitely be either magnet or smart.

Cheers,
Steph