[Sysadmins] Windows sysadmins? AV advice??

Andrew Elliott aelliott at pigsback.com
Wed Aug 18 17:47:21 IST 2010

Plus 1 vote for Eset NOD32.

But, as others have mentioned, check that all unnecessary services are
stopped/disabled & that the system(s) have enough RAM.

Sysinternals' autoruns is very useful for weeding out unnecessary stuff that
loads at boot or logon:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

Good luck!
Regards,
Andrew

Empathy Marketing Limited, 3016 Lake Drive, Citywest Business Park,
Dublin 24, Ireland.  Registered in Ireland. No. 320005
Empathy Marketing UK Ltd, 168-172 Old Street, London EC1V 9BP.
Registered in the UK No. 5854954