[Sysadmins] anyone have a ready written script that.....

Harry Duncan usr.src.linux at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 10:41:22 GMT 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 12:19 AM, Alan Doherty <alan at alandoherty.net> wrote:
> happens a lot I have found, and of course if they change MX hosts around the
> same time breaks any mail my users may have been sending them}

Also breaks your ability to mail them until you deal with it :-)

I've been giving the same issue some thought lately too, you need to
consider that someone may purposely have a DNS record hosted with you
but not have it live, there are scenarios for that.

What you really want is a cleanup script that matches DNS zones hosted
to paid up billing accounts, and then seperate your authorative DNS
server for DNS hosting from your recursive DNS server for customers.
That funnily enough will eliminate all your problems and you'll only
ever need to worry about closing down hosted DNS zones for people who
don't pay you.

Harry.