[Sysadmins] IT Support / Sysadmin

Shane Ryan nocent at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 12:10:35 IST 2010

Hi All,

The company I'm working for are looking to hire an IT Support / Systems
Administrator for a Windows environment. There are some linux firewalls and
a few web-based systems to take care of as well as an Avaya IP Phone system.
See below for the job description.

If you know anyone interested in this or would like to apply yourself C.V.'s
should go to itcv at shgi.ie

Minimum experience required 1 year or more. A diploma or degree in IT is
also required.

Any questions about the position before sending in a CV I can answer.

Thanks for reading and hopefully the crossposting doesn't annoy anyone,
Shane

IT Support / Systems Administrator

We are a holiday company with over 100 users in 2 offices in Ireland and are
part of a large PLC. We require an IT Systems Support/Administrator to join
the IT department in our main Dublin office.

* *

*Function*: The candidate must be a self starter and able to work under
their own initiative. Their main function will be to support our staff and
the servers and desktop applications they use. As well as support they will
be responsible for Windows Update management, anti-virus updates, user
set-ups and backups across all systems. Liaising with our UK based
departments and external suppliers will also be required.

The role requires an interest in improving how staff use existing IT
systems, and working closely with management and external suppliers to
suggest and implement new solutions.  Excellent communication skills are
required.

The position will offer the successful candidate a varied workload in a fast
paced environment.

*Responsibilities*:

   - Support of Windows XP desktops
   - Microsoft Office 2003
   - Support of web-based Travel Applications
   - Windows Server 2003 / Exchange Server 2003
   - Avaya IP Phone System Configuration and Support (training provided)
   - Firewall Administration (based on Smoothwall Advanced Firewall)
   - Support of Internal web-based applications

TCP/IP, LAN and WAN knowledge is essential. Knowledge of Active Directory,
Microsoft Exchange 2003 and Microsoft SQL Server administration also
required. Microsoft .Net knowledge would also be a distinct advantage.