[Sysadmins] Firewalls.

Owen O' Shaughnessy owen.oshaughnessy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 15:09:40 GMT 2010

Hi Guys,

We run boundary firewalls running FreeBSD and PF, and we have a good
process built around administering the system and keeping our site
safe from external attacks.

Given that somewhere in the region of 60 to 70% of attacks are
executed from inside organisations, I want to review our desktop
firewall protection.

I'm pretty comfortable with what to do with the linux and bsd machines
that are on our lan, but I'm looking for advice from people on what
works well on a windows desktop machine.

Do any of you know of a windows desktop firewall which can support
centralised logging and centralised administration? and which you'd be
happy to recommend to a friend? :-)

Owen.