[Sysadmins] IPv6 Summit 2010 in Dublin

FRLinux frlinux at gmail.com
Tue May 4 15:15:21 IST 2010

Hello,

The second IPv6 Summit is happening in 2 weeks time in Dublin,
registrations and programme now available. I thought that might
gather some interest. Announcement below:

Ireland's IPv6 Task Force is hosting the second IPv6 Summit, an
all-day event at Dublin Castle, on Wednesday 19th May 2010.

The 2010 event hopes to raise awareness within the Irish private and
public sectors about the immediate need for IPv6 deployment.

The Internet as we know it running out of space due to massive
Internet growth in developing nations and increased mobile internet
usage! Predictions indicate IPv4 addresses will run out by September
2011, how will this impact Irish economic areas of activity which rely
on the Internet for growth? Anyone serious about ICT planning, and
about broadband deployment, needs to be aware of these issues to plan
for IPv6 deployment effectively!

The programme for 2010 includes world experts in IPv6 planning issues.
The talks will provide global perspectives on IPv6 adoption and
challenges. Keynote speakers include Brian Carpenter (University of
Auckland) and Daniel Karrenberg (RIPE-NCC) . A distinguished panel of
speakers and panellists includes: Dennis Jennings (ICANN), Matt Ford
(ISOC), Yanick Pouffary (HP) and many more.

Seating is limited, so register now to avoid disappointment!

Registration: http://www.ipv6.ie/registration/registration.php

Cheers,
Steph