[Sysadmins] Asterisk and Nagios Monitoring

FRLinux frlinux at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 19:55:44 IST 2010

Hello,

I had a quick look on the internet and didn't really see what i was
looking for. I would like to find a way to monitor SIP Registrations
going down and thus getting a notification. So far I have investigated
two routes:

- grepping /var/log/asterisk/messages which indeed tells you when your
peer is no longer registered to your provider
- using a tool such as sipsak (http://sipsak.org/) which can be used
with http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=check_asterisk which
does not seem to perform exactly as i'd expect

So, anyone done this here and willing to share?

Thanks a bunch,
Steph