[Sysadmins] 6to4 gateways and Eircom

Vanush Misha Paturyan misha at cs.nuim.ie
Wed Jun 11 15:46:58 IST 2014

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 03:36:58PM +0100, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> On 11/06/2014 15:33, Vanush Misha Paturyan wrote:
> > What about the one in UPC I've just mentioned? Also, Heanet definitely
> > has one (unless we are talking about different things?)
>
> Nope - the closest 6to4 relay to UPC seems to be hosted by port80.se.
> HEAnet use to have one, but it was turned off a couple of weeks ago.

Ah, I need to learn how to figure out where exactly the relay
located.. I wrongly assumed that 192.168.88.99 anycast address
accessible from UPC network will be within UPC network (and same for
HEA).

So, provided I can still ping 192.168.88.99 from within HEA network,
is there a way to figure out where exactly this router is?

Misha.

--
Vanush "Misha" Paturyan
Senior Technical Officer